Sunday 20 November 2011

Peer pressure


Let's get one thing straight: I love Call of Duty.

I used to endure playing Call of Duty 2 online on a 56k modem just because I loved it so much.  I played Call of Duty 3 on the Wii and honestly think it's better there than it was on any other platform.  When Modern Warfare came out I finished it in a single play through and when its sequel dropped I did the very same with it.  I even enjoyed the story of Black Ops'.

But here's the thing: I don't want to buy Modern Warfare 3.

Maybe it's boredom.  It's hard to stay excited about digging in to another CoD game when, let's face it, the gameplay is virtually copy-pasted from title to title.  I have CoD fatigue.

The problem is that almost all of my gaming pals have moved on to this latest gun fest and left me behind.  It's like me and Call of Duty had a divorce and it got all the friends in the settlement.  In a strange way it makes me want to buy a game I don't want, simply to feel included.

I guess I'll always have Gears of War 3.  At least I'm semi-capable at that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment