Friday 25 November 2011

Fear of commitment

Thanks to digital distribution I now own a lot of games I haven't finished and rarely play.

First world problems, right?  I know I'm basically complaining about having a lot of things but the real issue isn't that I own them, it's that the mountain of unfinished games has started to becoming intimidating.

Here's a list of all the Steam games I own at the moment but haven't finished (HUGE LIST):

Crysis Warhead
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Empire:  Total War
Alien vs Predator Classic
Alpha Prime
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:  Shadow of Chernobyl
Warhammer 40k:  Dawn of War 2
Warhammer 40k:  Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising
Star Wars:  Knights of the Old Republic
A.R.E.S.
Alien Breed 2:  Assault
And Yet It Moves
Atom Zombie Smasher
Ben There, Dan That
Borderlands
Broken Sword - Directors Cut
Cogs
Command and Conquer 4:  Tiberian Twilight
Commandos:  Behind Enemy Lines
Commandos:  Beyond the Call of Duty
Commandos 2:  Men of Courage
Commandos 2:  Destination Berlin
Darksiders
Defense Grid:  The Awakening
Deus Ex:  GOTY
Deus Ex:  Invisible War
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: New Vegas
Far Cry
Far Cry 2
Fate of the World
Frozen Synapse
Gemini Rue
Grand Theft Auto IV
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Hitman: Blood Money
King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame
Napoleon: Total War
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode 1
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode 2
Saints Row 2
Sanctum
Star Wars - Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars - Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
Star Wars - Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Star Wars - Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars - Dark Forces
Terraria
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Torchlight
Trine
VVVVVV
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

Just looking at that list now is giving me a mild panic attack.  I'm not even sure I'd manage to finish them all if I devoted the rest of my life to it.  So many games.

The problem, of course, isn't actually finishing them.  The problem is focusing on any single one for long to enough to finish it, which I simply can't force myself to do.  The Steam sales have been a curse on my wallet, but now they're destroying my ability to fully enjoy games!

I always default back to my console when things like this happen, but this time I'm going to try and concentrate.  I got The Witcher and Fallout: New Vegas most recently so it is them I shall make my goals.  They both feature amnesia as a plot device, maybe I can work that in to real life.

What mountain of games?

No comments:

Post a Comment